Friday, February 1, 2008

Seperation of Church and State.....bah humbug I say!

I have a friend who always spits that at me......at Christmas, I was trying to come up with a Christmas Craft for the little ones I work with to gift their parents with.....I found a really cute way to make angel wings out of a childs hand prints.......as soon as that friend say the idea......."you can't use angels.......seperation of church and state"........so what's my point.......That is just a small example of what people of true faith face everyday. I have a dear aunt who told me recently that she votes without taking her beliefs into consideration. What?????? How can you deny something that weaves into every fiber of your being? That guides your every decision? I don't understand.......I could no easier leave my faith out of everything I do than I could chop off an arm or a leg. I am who I am, because of my faith, because Jesus lives in me. I was baptized in the water, and made new......the holy spirit lives in me.....how can I seperate that from my person? Without my faith......I am nothing. I am a shell.....how could anyone feel that they could seperate themselves from their faith?
I view my job not a job at all.....it is a Christ driven vocation.....a mission........and a believe one of God's major purposes of putting me on this earth. I love those children, and do the best I can everyday to give them tools for success.......remembering always that Christ told me to love .....
I gotta go for now......but some deep thoughts to start the day on.......

No comments: