Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm a jumbled mess.....

I am a mess. Duh! Right? Well, I am trying to get my inner house in order, and do some spring cleaning....I know it's alittle early for spring cleaning, but I need it. If I don't relieve some stress and pressure soon....I will burst. In some ways I am a time bomb. Don't call 911 or anything...I'm not going to end my life. I just sometimes feel so overwhelmed that I'm not sure which way to go next. I have been praying about my career. I love what I do. I love the children that I work with. God has burdened my heart for children. I know in that way I'm on the right track. It's just that.....my career as an interpreter .....I feel is coming to an end. Every year I feel it coming closer and closer. With the fibro and the pressure at work to do more and more.....I just don't know how much longer I can hold on.
I have a burden and longing to work with children....especially those who aren't as able. I'm just unsure of the path God would have me go. I have more than enough credit hours for a bachelors and an associates degree.....alot of my degree work is in psychology...........and counseling. I sometimes wonder...if I shouldn't continue my pursuit of a psych degree or counseling degree and work with children....specializing in Deafness. Then I think about my love for the learning process....and the first time a child is able to take the tools I've helped to give them and accomplish a task for themselves......I love it.....so sometimes I feel maybe I should become a teacher........then......I think of all the nursing and care that my job over the years has come to entail and I think....pediatric nurse. If there is anyone out there reading this...please pray that God would open my eyes to the right path and give me a means to get to where He wants me to be. This topic is all I've been able to think about for several days now. I cannot stop pondering on it and praying about it. I feel compelled to make a change.....and I am clear that it involves working with children....I'm just waiting for the last piece of the puzzle.
I am also working on my physical self. Nick and I have been changing our lifestyle......no we aren't becoming swingers.....we are getting healthy. We are changing our eating habits and trying to be more active as a family. Not only for ourselves .....but for our children. They deserve to have two healthy parents.
I'm trying to be still and wait on God's answers......where I will be led.....but it's so hard....... pray for me.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Looks like we may not be back to school until Monday. Mixed emotions on that one. I've nothing to do in June anyway; but it is getting old quickly with a full small house here denying any sense of sanity. What I do is what I say to you: one foot in front of the other, prayer, and rest in the truth that He will open the doors as you go. What we have is today and Him. Everything else can be met as it comes to us...

BethAnn said...

Thanks Jim.....
That helps. Sometimes..it all just seems so hard.